The Babylonian Legends of the Creation
Page: 14120. So that their bodies might rear up, and no man resist their attack,
121. She set up the Viper, and the Snake, and the god Lakhamu,
122. The Whirlwind, the ravening Dog, the Scorpion-man,
123. The mighty Storm-wind, the Fish-man, the horned Beast (Capricorn?)
124. They carried the Weapon
Portion of a tablet inscribed in Assyrian with a text of the Second Tablet of the Creation Series. [No. 40,559.]
10. Whatsoever Tiâmat had devised he repeated unto him,
11. Mother Tiâmat who gave us birth hath sown these things.
12. She hath set in order her assembly, she rageth furiously,
13. All the gods have joined themselves to her.
14. They march by her side together with those whom ye have created.
15. They formed a band and went forth to battle to help Tiâmat,
16. They were exceedingly wroth, they made plots by day and by night without ceasing,
17. They offered battle, fuming and raging,
18. They set the battle in array, they uttered cries of defiance.
19. Ummu-Khubur,29 who fashioned all things,
20. Set up the unrivalled weapon, she spawned huge serpents
21. Sharp of tooth, pitiless in attack (?)
22. She filled their bodies with venom instead of blood,
23. Grim, monstrous serpents arrayed in terror.
24. She decked them with brightness, she fashioned them in exalted forms,